Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Thursday, November 22, 2018

November 22, 2018

Good morning, yesterday I did manage to get into the garden and start cleaning the carnage. I mentioned that the broccoli and cauliflower are toast. No change there but as for the cabbage and kohlrabi, I have more hope for the kohlrabi than the cabbage. The cabbage has no size to it after the freeze. No need to pull them so we can take a wait and see posture. The snow peas are looking good. The chard looks pathetic but I expect a recovery, it is a tough green.  As for all of the surviving greens they have been cleaned up and there also was a light harvest. There are small amounts of boc choi, Asian greens and spinach.
One thing for sure everything is hardened off now. As long as it does not get really cold these greens harvests will get better.
I do plan to fill bag orders and with luck I will fill them but if I don’t I will only bill for that portion I do.
Due to Thanksgiving, there will be no Friday deliveries. Orders can be picked up at the market Saturday..
I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving !

No comments: