Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2016

avalanche column


November 12, 2015

Recently I gave a presentation out at CDRI. Like writing these columns I also really enjoy giving presentations. It is especially nice to chat with all of the folks who are in attendance.

I had the opportunity to talk with one lady in attendance at the workshop who told me how much she enjoys reading my columns. This always tickles me to no end. During the conversation she mentioned that she wanted to email me some questions, but was afraid that it would overburden me.

Hopefully during our conversation I hoped that I had eased her mind on this and she would send me here questions.

A big reason why I write this column, do presentations, or even give garden tours is to encourage gardeners of any skill level. I encourage questions. I do not want to imply that I know all the answers, because I don’t. In fact I really do not know all the questions.

Because I have been gardening since the 4th grade, I have been exposed to a lot of different garden surprises. Sometimes the questions sound familiar to one of my experiences and I can relate this to the questioner, other times I need to research and try to find a probable answer.

As is quite frequently said “the only dumb question is the one not asked”, so please ask. Your question could very easily cause me to look at doing somethings I do differently and most likely better.

Deb my wife frequently teases me that I would rather talk about gardening than to garden. I derive a great amount of pleasure from both of these exercises.

As I told this wonderful lady out at CDRI I have all the time in the world for questions about gardening. I hope that anyone that has been reluctant to pass on a question finally sits down and sends a few electrodes my way. Shoot it doesn’t have to be a question, I love hearing about fellow gardeners experiences. It is all good!!!  Happy gardening!!!!

Questions? I can be contacted at markdirtfarmer@gmail.com. Or more garden notes at redwagonfarm.blogsot.com 

No comments: