Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

January 3, 2019

Boy Howdy, saying it is a bit of a cool ending of last year and a cool start for the new year is some what of an understatement. Throwing in on top of that a power outage kinda is  topping it off with frosting.
Since Christmas the weather  has not been that conducive to growing. With the Ice I have not been able to check under the fabric. Things have been well hardened off, so with a low of 21 I do not think there will be any veggies lost. Just not too much growth. Presently it is 25 up from a low of 21. Once we have sunrise it will  take awhile for things to thaw and I can see if I have anything to harvest.  
Please place your orders. With luck I will have more than parsnips, sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
I will send an email latter today if this is the case.
I hope that we get all of this out of the system before we go into February. January, most years, is Our coldest month.

No comments: