Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

Good morning, This week I got my second bed of peas in. Trying a little something different. Most of the bed is germinated seed and planted. I am going to try transplanted seedlings. I am curious if transplants will result in more fully stocked beds.
While harvesting greens I do see some of the kohlrabi starting to mature.  I am noticing there are also a few cabbages that might make too. If not, there is next year.
It really is not very long before I begin to start my first nightshade seedlings. And with that so will begin the next season. I so hope that this coming year will not be quite as challenging as this past one. Time will tell.
Considering that we are moving into the cooler time of the year, the freeze shocked veggie greens are making a decent comeback. Although I see where the guineas got into the spinach bed. They did not kill any of them but they destroyed this week’s pickings. It is always something.
The harvests are increasing. Please place your orders and I will fill what I can.

No comments: