Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

June 7, 2018

Good morning, two weeks on from the hail event and the garden is mostly back to where we were before the event. There are exceptions such as my new chard bed and the second bed of okra. These two beds were hailed back to the stone age and needed to be sown once again. All things considered, I really dodged a bullet. The event set me back but didn’t take me out. Gotta love fabric.
I am starting to get cherry tomatoes; some okra and it looks like some green chilies are maturing. It is time to harvest some serrano peppers. First eggplants will be harvested next week. My second planting of beans are 6 plus inches tall. Some beans in the portion that got hailed look to be making a comeback while the rest of the bed is doing fine. I was planning to pickle some beans but will have to wait until the new bed is being harvested.
The onions and garlic are hanging and should be ready for sale soon what with the hot weather.

No comments: