Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Monday, December 25, 2017

December 25, 2017

Sure does feel like I am playing hookie since taking a mesquite thorn in my knee. I have found new respect for the mesquite tree. I knew they could have attitude, guess I didn't realize how much. 

I very much appreciate Dr. Luecke and Kathy Duncan for coming into the office on their day off to extract my pet from my knee. Thank you very much!!!! This was done last Friday morning. It has taken until Christmas morning for the swelling in my leg to go down. Those thorns do pack a punch.

With luck in the future I will be more aware of where I put my extremities.

Luckily it has not been the best gardening  weather, so it has been "easier" to cool my jets.

Last week is the week that I usually sow my second plantings of peas. Needless to say this did not happen. I set the peas to soak Saturday and yesterday I started germinating them. With luck they will be in the ground by Thursday. My first sowing does not appear to be as good of a take as I would like but it should yield a decent crop. Hopefully  this second sowing will do better. It was such a warm fall until the snow. Peas don't like hot.

With luck the first peas will be harvested  the end of February. Snow peas have got to be one of my favorite veggies.

Yes there will be a veggie harvest this week!!!

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!!

mark 

No comments: