Welcome to the Red Wagon Farm Blog

Red Wagon Farm grows vegetable year-round using organic techniques. We also keep chickens and ducks for eggs.


We sell our produce and eggs at the Alpine Farmers Market at the Hotel Ritchey Courtyard on Historic Murphy Street. We all sell homemade pickles, relishes and mustards.

The farmers market is open every Saturday of the year, from 9 am until noon.

Thursday, October 4, 2018

October 4, 2018

Good morning,  what a sweet success to have gotten the siding and the new windows on the house along with the hole in the deck that I so casually walked into installed and covered back up. Yes very nice.
As for the weed jungle in the garden it is a step at a time. Soon I shoulld be ready to plant the winter garden. Just a little behind schedule, but such is life.
2018 has had its challenges  and I really  am looking forward  toward next years garden. I will have to say that the nematode resistant tomatoes have been a success. I am cureous to see what their roots look like when they are pulled. It is nice to have tomatoes all season for a change. The other day I harvested about 2 pounds of spuds from a russet potato. With a sustained harvest like that I might be able to offer Irish potatoes in the future.. Time will tell. The sweet harvest continues and I should be able to finish it before the first freeze. Just a bed and a half to go.
Follows is a list of what I am growing, please email as to availability and prices. Chard, kale, green onions, carrots, lettuce, okra, tomatoes, chilies (several varieties), eggplant, butternut squash, garlic, beets, bulb onions, sweet potatoes, and beans. Also, there is volunteer basil and dill.

No comments: